*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560640
by Darash
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1357811
A story in a medieval fantasy world. A world inhabited by demons, dragonfolk and humans.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#560640 added January 22, 2008 at 9:12am
Restrictions: None
Magic (Unfinished)
A sneak-peak on the fourth chapter.
__________________________________________________________
“Are you even listening?”

Professor Morunds voice boomed across the classroom. Khanos grasped for breath and nodded at his teacher. Of course he didn’t. He fell in sleep again. He had such a weird dream about a forest or something. It started to become vague already.

“It’s weird to see that YOU didn’t extinct yet. We’ll see if you really were paying attention. What are the twelve reasons the Machine People didn’t survive the Great War?”

“Because they were... eeurm... No idea.”

“Ah, I see. You’re going to write a one thousand word essay about why all the Machine People died, and how it could have been prevented. Turn it in tomorrow morning in my office. That was it, class dismissed.”
“You really should be paying more attention in classes” said Lynnore as they packed their bags. “At this rate you’ll never pass your exams. Anyway, we have our first magic class today, aren’t you excited?”

“Not really, I’m not feeling well and I’ll probably ruin magic too.”

“Oh, don’t be so negative. Maybe you have talent for this! You’ll never know”

Lynnore kept trying to cheer him up while they were walking towards the dungeons. They entered the classroom and looked around. It was a rather large room, dark and damp. Five rows of tables and the teacher’s desk on a platform in the back of the room. On the desk were all kinds of weird objects and large piles of parchment. One of the object caught Khanos’ attention. It was round with the numbers one to twelve on it, just like a sundial. On second thought it really looked like a sundial, but this thing had three little sticks of which one moved around quite quickly. Everyone looked for a place to sit and they waited for the teacher to arrive.
© Copyright 2008 Darash (UN: darash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Darash has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560640