*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560693-Paradiddling-Away
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1311596
Something slightly loftier, pointed and hopefuly witty.
#560693 added January 12, 2008 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
Paradiddling Away
Paradiddle, paradiddle, paradiddle.
It was my second meeting with A.D this morning and I have already gotten so much out of our two hours together. It is difficult trying to get my limbs to operate independently of each other, my right hand and foot getting tangled with my left hand and foot., but A.D gets me through it painlessly and in no time I am producing sounds I never thought possible; and it’s me playing them. It’s an amazing transformation from just hitting the instrument to actually playing it. His energy is uplifting and encouraging which is a natural motivator for me to push harder.
I was wearing my tan knit cap today in true Neil Peart fashion and working through an exercise; A.D sitting out in the “audience,” with a huge grin on his face while counting out loud for me when out of nowhere he noticed my cap and said “dude, you look like Neil back there.” I told him, “I don’t want to look like Neil, just play like him.” We shared a laugh but he insists I bring my camera next week.
I left completely satisfied with this week’s time behind the drums and decided to visit my local music store to “browse” the rows of drums and percussion equipment and continue my drum day. I was in the market for a new snare stand, but after a very expensive week of tuition payments for the new semester, and some other unforeseen expenses, I wasn’t planning on a purchase today. As I walked up and down the aisle I spotted a uniquely packaged set of limited edition Pro Mark sticks and had to have a closer look. I immediately recognized the Rush logos from the albums "Counterparts," "Grace Under Pressure," and "Test for Echo," and thought what an excellent addition to my music studio they would make. They are signed by Neil Peart in cooperation with Pro Mark sticks. It was too ironic that A.D’s last words before I left was how I looked like Neil Peart, and here before me were three pair of his sticks. I just had to buy them and while I was at it, I got the snare stand. Its only money I’m told.
I spent the rest of the day arranging and rearranging the music room and making some adjustments to my kit. I’m sore, but what a great sore.   

© Copyright 2008 C. Anthony (UN: reconguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Anthony has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560693-Paradiddling-Away