*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562627-Work-ethic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#562627 added January 22, 2008 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Work ethic
just what the hell is that anyway? Let's see, it's rather simple, so why people can't figure it out is beyond me.

A list of things employees do that piss me off:

1) A no show, no call. You really think it's ok to come to work the next day as if you've done nothing wrong? Could you really be that much of a moron?
2) Coming in late, again without a phone call. Ok, I get it, the alarm clock didn't go off, you're not used to having a regular job, your kid was sick. Again, in this day and age of EVERYONE having a cell phone, I still don't understand why I didn't get a call.
3) Letting hubby pay for your lunch on a daily basis, and thinking you're entitled to it. I admit, my hubby is too frickin nice, but a "thank you" would just make me feel so much better, especially since I'm the one running around to buy you lunch.
4) Borrowing money, or taking an advance. This usually sets alarm bells gonging in my head, because one of two things are going to happen next. You either never come back (and I have to guess that you quit because -again-no phone call) or, your are late the next morning, reeking of whatever you've smoked or drank the night before.

Hell, as I sit here writing this, I just start to fume. Seriously, smoke is coming out of my ears. I admit, I wasn't the BEST employee in my younger days, but at least I picked up the phone and LIED about why I wouldn't be coming in to work. Or, I called in and quit my job. Nothing like a heads up people. All I'm asking for is a little common curtesy.

Every time you do a no show, or come in late, I am the one who has to stop what I'm doing and pick up the slack. My days off are becoming a major pain, because I find myself heading into work. So much for going to the gym on a daily basis, which I enjoy and desperately need. I like my me time, it took me almost 16 years to start letting myself have ME time. I resent the fact that you take it away from me, and don't give a damn. As long as the employee is happy.

Well guess what, if the boss isn't happy, or in this case, the boss' wife, then the shit's about to hit the fan. DUCK!

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562627-Work-ethic