*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563060-I-want-my-carbs-and-my-living-room
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#563060 added January 24, 2008 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
I want my carbs and my living room!
Who in their right mind, moved carbs from the good list to the bad list? I remember several years ago, when whispers began, now those words are rooted deep in my daily eating activities. With countless breadless cheese roll ups—used to be called sandwiches, I’m fed up. I want my bread. Yes, I do reach for flaxseed and whole wheat, and I love these, but I’m so conditioned to the carbs are bad for you song, I avoid these often.

I miss pasta. A heavy ceramic dinner plate, loaded with overcooked spaghetti noodles, smothered in marinara sauce--with a thick Texas-sized piece of toast, (drenched in butter) perched on the side. A long stemmed wine glass filled with a rich cabernet sauvignon washing down each bite….

And dessert! How can you eat dessert when carbs are stuck from the list? Sugar and carbs are synonymous. What’s a girl supposed to do?

Okay, enough whining! I’ve been back in town for a few days and I’m almost caught up. I’m sure, some unexpected issue will arise, setting me back further, but for now, I’m close. Except for that dang mattress that keeps finding its way into my living room. During December, when I had company in and out of my house, the twin sized thing sat behind a cushioned bench, where it was retrieved at night, for the lucky ‘I-get-to-sleep-on-robin’s-livingroom-floor individual. During the day, it was slid behind the bench so visitors could walk through and maybe hang out in the LR.

After a few um, nasty remarks spoken through clenched teeth, my dear sweet husband moved the eyesore (is that one word?) back into storage where it belongs.

My living room? Looks normal? I did the happy dance. However, my charming daughter, laney deflated my short-lived happiness. She, for reasons unannounced, remodeled her bedroom, moving furniture out of her room and into…you guessed it, my living room. among some of the removed pieces was a stinkin' twin sized matress. (i feel cursed.)

Anyway, I know, I need to blog all about my adventures in Atlanta where I picked up my award. I will. But for now, I have to find ways to make my living room look like it’s supposed to have all this extra stuff in it.

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563060-I-want-my-carbs-and-my-living-room