*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564654-Hard-to-Handle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#564654 added January 31, 2008 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
Hard to Handle
It's been just a day. I can't even be bothered to find an adjective to describe it; it doesn't really deserve one. No shocks, no big surprises, no major events, no unplanned activities or changes in routine. Still, sometimes that's something to be grateful for.

However, I'm very touched by the amount of praise and support offered for the Blogville News. Thank you too to all those who so generously donated gift points. A stonking 400,000 to date.

The weather is horrendous on this last day in January. Squalling winds, rain and hail and cold enough to freeze the proverbials off brass monkeys. I braved the elements to do a bit of shopping and visit La La Land,but was grateful to return buffeted and shivering to my humble abode and put the kettle on.

Tea in my favourite mug and a bit of time on the computer upstairs was the plan. A few years ago my son bought me a mug with a picture of my young fantasy of the moment on it. One Duncan James of the group Blue. That was circa 2003 - since then the group have disbanded and dreams of Duncan plus many more fantasies have been shattered along the way.

But still, I like the mug with Duncan's mug on, so I always have my afternoon brew in it. It was just after I'd signed into WDC and taken my second sip of tea it happened. No, it couldn't wait until I'd drained the mug or was even half way down it; that would never do. Without any warning the handle of my favourite mug decided to part company from the rest of it.

I was left holding a porcelain handle while my mouse, keyboard, mousemat, pens and paper fought for their lives in a lake of tea. Nothing for it but to switch off the computer, get mopping and say a broken-hearted farewell to Duncan and my old faithful mug.

I daren't switch that computer back on again at the moment. I'll try in the morning when it may hopefully have dried out. If nothing else I'm hoping it will mash me a nice cuppa and save me the trouble.

Weather permitting I'll be going over to Newark tomorrow to see crackedbizkit where we hope to have a few laughs and share a lot of alcohol anecdotes. At least wine glasses don't have handles, so hopefully any disasters won't be a repeat of today.

Honestly, I used to have a handle on life too but I reckon that one dropped off a while back as well.


© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564654-Hard-to-Handle