*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564727-Busy-Busy-Week
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#564727 added February 1, 2008 at 2:06am
Restrictions: None
Busy Busy Week
Well it’s been a busy week
Gosh, it's busy. Haha! Today is my first day off in a week and I was swamped. I did some housework, but not much. Joseph woke up early from his nap. Sigh...

We've got plans to watch the superbowl at home. Both Brent and I got it off and my Auntie Sue sent me little Patriots for the boys so we'll be stylin' when it comes to game day. We've tried to plan a weight watcher friendly menu - carne asada tacos el carbon style, weight watchers nachos, and some appetizers along with Corona Light beer. Corona light and Amstel light are the only DECENT light beers out there if you ask me.

Well, I was able to write some more chapters of Wolf's Kiss at work, but I need to find the time to type them up on the computer. Hopefully, I can tackle that tomorrow! I also managed to handwrite my Personal/memoir essay for Writer's Digest contest, but again, I need to find time to type it up!

Anyone out there watch soap operas? I'm hooked on As The World Turns because I simply adore Roger Howarth who plays "Paul." I want him to get back together with Meg. (It's a long soap opera story.) It's the only one I do because I don't have time to watch anything else!

Politics:

I had a chance to catch the Dem debate tonight and I thought it was very engaging and a delight to watch. Both candidates were in top shape. I loved Hillary's line about "It took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush and it might take another Clinton to clean up after the second Bush." I also liked how Obama called out McCain on his tax cut record and busted out the Republicans for their lack of "Fisical responsbility." I really could see an Clinton/Obama ticket as the ultimate ticket, but then again...will it become reality? Hard to say now - it's too early.

I'm looking forward to my Internet book signing tomorrow. Here's a Review from Sim Gen on "Secrets" -

Are Your Dirty Little Secrets is a page-turner not unlike the books in the Harlequin romance series. The story is about the loves and trails of two racially and economically different families, the Bannings and the Riveras.



The heroine of this story, Kristina, is a smart and beautiful Latina who faces many struggles. She gave up a child, Melissa, for adoption years ago and now pretends to be her aunt. Melissa has a rare blood disorder, and Kristina battles over whether to tell her the truth.



Her sister-in-law, Sarah, has an affair with Kristina's brother, Luis, and doesn't now who the father of her baby is. The vindictive Sarah definitely has more than one axe to grind with her lover's sister. She blackmails Kristina out of revealing the truth to Melissa.



Darrin, Kristina's loving husband with a mysterious past, is enchanted with Jennifer, the cousin of his dead wife, Andie. When Jennifer is raped and left for dead, Darrin is falsely accused of the crime and arrested. Kristina forgives Darrin for kissing Jennifer, but it might be too late to start over.



Will love and truth prevail in the end? It is worth reading the book to learn the ending of these tense situations.









© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564727-Busy-Busy-Week