*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564945-Goodbye-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1311596
Something slightly loftier, pointed and hopefuly witty.
#564945 added February 2, 2008 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
Goodbye Monday
At last, the month of Monday is behind me and with it, the heaviness commonly associated with a dreaded Monday morning. I look forward to the month of “Tuesday” for a number of reasons but mainly getting back into the swing of another semester of school.
I attend Phoenix Community College where I have been “dabbling” for the past few years in obtaining a degree in a writing related field. I do best when my mind is occupied with learning new things and meeting new people. My class of twelve or so is a unique mix of eager-young journalism students and writers. Prior to the instructor arriving everyone sits in that silent mode of uncertainty, flipping through the text book or simply taking in the layout of the room. The room is located in building “A” which houses the English and math departments and will be my new weekly home for the next sixteen weeks.
Class took off right on time as students trickled in one-by-one and as typical with the first day of class came the introductions as we went around the room, beginning with the instructor. Mr. Rodriguez, our instructor, shared his credentials and years of experience in the journalism field and moved into the outline of the syllabus. Although I don’t believe I have any aspirations to become a reporter, I would enjoy to one day have my own column which shares the stories of our Arizona veteran’s and help keep their spirit alive.
As the tension of the new setting lifted we relaxed and shared some laughs while becoming acquainted with each other. Before I realized it was time to wrap for the night which is a good sign of things to come. If the class passes quickly it should be a good learning experience.     

© Copyright 2008 C. Anthony (UN: reconguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Anthony has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564945-Goodbye-Monday