*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565800-WTB-13
Rated: GC · Book · Activity · #1218638
For my assignments.
#565800 added February 5, 2008 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
WTB 1.3
“What stupid nonsense,” Evelyn huffed as she walked out of the woods and towards the back door to her house. “Monsters in the trees, huh?”

For a few years, Evelyn’s friends would gather together around a campfire and tell horror stories, not unlike the Midnight Society they’d watched on television. Usually the stories were okay, though some made it into the funny category lately. Lana’s story, however, was deeply embedded in the “stupid” file.

As Evelyn walked the long distance to the door, she heard a chirping sound above her. Jerked out of her reverie, she looked up into a large nearby tree and smirked. “Better not let Lana know I jumped,” she mumbled. “She’d never let me hear the end of it.”

Evelyn chuckled at first, but her laughter died as she watched the bird-sized creatures flock up in the air above her like a thick cloud of pestilence. She ran for her life, her sneakers slipping in the dew-covered grass, arms stretched out in front of her, fingers splayed. She panted, grasping the doorknob, twisting and turning the knob, crying in silence as she realized she’d locked the door.

The silence turned to screams as they descended upon her with their razor-sharp talons and red, gnashing teeth.

© Copyright 2008 There She Goes (UN: genevieve_4u at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
There She Goes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565800-WTB-13