*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566218-Late-and-laughing-about-it--for-once
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#566218 added February 7, 2008 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Late and laughing about it , for once...
Let me start off by saying that I HATE to be late. I am one who would rather not show up at all than to be late for work, an appointment, a meeting, or any other activity when arriving by a certain time is a requisite.

Because of that, and because I need time to get my head together before classes start, even though I don't officially have to be there until 8:30, I am usually at work by 7:20 AM max. To do that means I need to leave the house no later than 7:00.

Last night I didn't lay my clothes out, and I didn't have the foggiest notion of what I would put on. Most of the time, I have an idea of what I might step into once I get up, but last night I dropped off without a thought along those lines. That's not a good thing for me. It leads to vacillating and wardrobe confusion in the morning.

I was about ten minutes late getting out of the house this morning because everything I put on was way too big. I have lost a lot of weight in a rather short amount of time- an elevated cholestoral and glucose count will make you get it in gear- but I guess it's showing up more in my figure than on the scales. Everything I tried to wear was saggy, baggy, or swallowing me whole.

Time was, that kind of switching around would be due to my trying to find something that wasn't too tight and cutting off my circulation, or that didn't have me looking like a sausage.

When I think of all the stuff I have given to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, and the local Thrift collection boxes in the past year, thinking I would never in life fit into any of it again....

The 7:00 school bus that I usually try to beat so that I don't have to wait behind it while kids saunter onto it had long passed the house by the time I was pulling out of the garage. Not only was I wearing a seat belt to hold me in, but I was also wearing a belt to hold up the pants I finally settled on.

I think this is the first time in my life, or at least in many, many years, that I couldn't find something to wear because I was too small.

© Copyright 2008 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566218-Late-and-laughing-about-it--for-once