*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566700-Chivas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1386569
An anthology on My December by Kelly Clarkson
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#566700 added August 8, 2008 at 2:23am
Restrictions: None
Chivas
Chivas (Hidden Track)
You're not worth it babe
The trouble you bring the noise you keep
And you don't even care

I'm so sick of you babe
Nights wasted I'm through faking
You don't turn me on
You don't do anything at all

Baby I can't stand the sight of your face
Baby I don't even want to hear your name

Don't know what I saw
But I ain't seeing it now
Woke up this morning, bitterness in my mouth

Guess I fell too fast
Guess I learned my lesson
So much for true love
I'll take this chivas instead

You're too high maintenance babe
All the time you spent trying to fit in and no one even cares
It's so ridiculous babe
Watching you turn as I burn
It's like you're not even there

Baby don't you try and hold my hand
Maybe you should keep your eyes on your new girlfriend

Don't know what I saw
But I ain't seeing it now
Woke up this morning, bitterness in my mouth
Guess I fell too fast
Guess I learned my lesson
So much for true love
I'll take this chivas instead

I'll take this chivas instead
Over your bed
It wasn't even good
Trust me
I must have been so so so so lonely
You are crap, yeah
You should keep your eyes on your new little friend
It's hard not to look I know
I'm amazing
I love you chivas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 936

Prudence sat at her kitchen table, her hands folded on the spotless tablecloth, and her eyes shining in the candlelight. She stared at the empty chair across from her. Where is he? He's never late.

Her cell phone vibrated on the tabletop, and she reached out to answer it. "Hello?"

"Prudence, honey, I'm so sorry."

Prudence smiled to herself. She couldn't help it. He didn't even have to say he was sorry; she could hear the sorrow in his voice. "Where are you? Dinner is getting cold."

Kyle sighed. "I'm stuck at work. There was an emergency and- I'm sorry."

She smiled again. She loved him so much. "It's okay."

"No, no it's not."

She stood and blew out the candles on the table before flipping on the dim kitchen light and leaning against her sink to stare out into the darkness outside her window. "How about this," she told Kyle. "I'll put the food in the fridge and go down to the bar for a few drinks. Meet me there when you get off work, and you can make up for missing dinner by making love to me all night and then reheating dinner."

He groaned slightly, and she assumed it wasn't for the reheating-dinner part. "Sounds good to me."

"I figured. I'll be waiting."

"I love you."

Her heart threatened to burst. "I love you, too."



~*~



"What is that?"

The bartender, Arty, set the large bottle of golden liquid in front of her and a clean glass beside it. "It's Chivas. You're always trying different stuff. Why don't you try this?" He poured her a glass and left her there as he went to get another party their drinks.

Prudence sipped the drink, smacking her lips to test the flavor. It burned going down, but it tasted good.

"Prudence?"

Prudence turned around at the familiar voice and came face-to-face with the one person she never expected to see at her favorite bar.

"Jeremy?" She could smell the alcohol radiating off him, and she shivered in disgust.

He smiled a lazy smile and leaned against the bar until he was in Prudence's personal space. "What are you doing here?"

She lifted the glass. "Drinking."

His eyes shifted to the glass and then back to her.

What had she ever seen in that man? His blond hair fell into his eyes and matched the color of his five o' clock shadow.

"So, how's life?" She didn't really care, but it was polite to ask.

Jeremy sighed and took a seat on the tall, leather-topped bar stool next to her. "I'm not happy with her, Prudence."

Prudence knew who has was talking about but didn't care. She sipped her Chivas. "Did you realize she's not all you thought she was?"

Jeremy actually had the gal to look hurt, as if it was some big insult that she might be imperfect. "No. I think she's cheating on me."

Prudence choked on her drink. "Karma's a bitch, isn't it?"

Jeremy pretended not to hear her. "You know, Prudence, I've been thinking a lot about what happened between us, and I think I may have been a little quick to leave you."

Prudence scoffed. "I don't think you were," she mumbled.

Jeremy once again seemed to not hear her. He turned the full force of his smile on her, and she found it rather pathetic. Had there really been a time when that smile made her melt?

"Prudence, have you ever considered giving us another shot?"

She held back a laugh. "Who?"

She saw the anger slipping into Jeremy's cool expression. "Us, Prudence. You and me."

She pretended to think about it, even though she knew there was not a force in this world or the next that could get her back into Jeremy's arms.

"No," she finally said. "Never."

"Why not? We were so good together."

That time, she couldn't help but laugh loudly. Let's see, he had treated her like dirt, even though she had worshiped him, and then he cheated on her, broke her heart, left her, and sent her into a depression that almost ruined her life, not to mention her chance at every loving again.

Now, why hadn't she thought about giving them another shot?

"Jeremy, look, I'm not interested in having this conversation. I just discovered a new drink, and I'm waiting for someone."

Jealousy marred his angelic beauty. "Who?"

The word had just fell from his lips when Kyle stepped into her view. Her eyes met his and she grinned.

He stepped up next to Jeremy, and she knew he knew exactly who Jeremy was. "Hey, beautiful." He stepped up to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders as he turned to look at Jeremy. "Hello."

Jeremy's eyes widened in shock. "You."

Prudence was enjoying this, but she wanted to get back to her apartment and the night she promised Kyle. "Well, see you later, Jeremy."

He reached out to her as she stood, not taking his eyes off Kyle. "Prudence, wait. What about me?"

Prudence wrapped her arms around Kyle's waste and smiled at the man she had once loved more than her own life. What a mistake she had made wasting all those years on him.

"What about you?" she asked.

As she walked away, she started to feel guilty about leaving him there alone, but then she remembered how he left her alone with nothing to hold onto but a pile of lies.

The regret vanished, and she held on tighter to the man she knew would never hurt her that way.

She would never be alone again.
© Copyright 2008 GryffindorGurl (UN: magicfreak11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GryffindorGurl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566700-Chivas