*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566706-Yeah
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1386569
An anthology on My December by Kelly Clarkson
#566706 added March 19, 2008 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Yeah
Yeah
Lay back, enjoy the fall lover I won't hurt you
I take it all on if you trust me
Don't hesitate let it go, let me know, baby show me
I don't read minds but I'm trying my best to read yours

Yeah
Let me know, let me know
Yeah
Let me know, it's all for you

Help me help yourself
I want to give it all to you but
Don't make me second guess, I don't want to play games no more
For sure I've got your back, I've never wanted anything more than you and your sexy smile
I love you so try not to blow it this time

Yeah
Let me know, let me know
Yeah
Let me know, it's all for you

Everything inside you, about you
I want to know, taste, hold, love you anytime I want to
Let me show you, let me give you everything I have saved just for you
I know you love me but I'm gonna need more than what you're giving me
I want to feel you but I feel empty
You gotta help me, you gotta meet me halfway
There I see you, can you see me, closer now
Just tell me, show me, what it's gonna take to get you to trust me, love me like I know you can

Yeah
Let me know, let me know
Yeah
Let me know, it's all for you
---------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 989

Prudence put on her hoop earrings and smoothed down the short skirt of her black silk cocktail dress. She struck a pose in her full-length mirror and smiled. She looked better than she had in ages.

She opened her bedroom door and stepped out into her apartment.

Tera, standing in the kitchen, washing Prudence's dishes, glanced at Prudence and shook her head. "Pru," she groaned. "You're going to put ideas in Robert's head if you dress like that."

Prudence glanced down at her dress, tugging the neckline a little higher while trying to tug the hem a little lower.

"I think she looks fantastic."

Prudence looked over at Kyle where he sat on her couch, his back turned to face her. She smiled at him to show her appreciation. "Thank you."

"That's because you don't know Robert," Tera muttered.

Kyle looked between them. "Who is Robert?"

Prudence opened her mouth to answer, but Tera spoke over her. "He's an old friend of Prudence's family who has been trying to get into Prudence's pants since the tenth grade."

Prudence groaned and walked through her apartment, her heels clacking on the wood floor. "Whatever, Tera."

"Whatever, yourself, Prudence. That's all he wants from you."

Prudence rolled her eyes. Tera exaggerated. She grabbed her keys and glanced around her apartment once more before heading toward the door.

"Where are you guys going, anyway?" Kyle asked.

She looked back at him, seeing something in his eyes that she'd never seen before- almost like sadness. "Robert owns an Italian restaurant in the city, so we're meeting there." She opened the door, hearing Tera call out, "Good luck!" just before she closed it behind herself.

Tera was overreacting. Robert may have acted more than a little lustful toward her in the past, but that wasn't all he wanted.

She was excited to finally be going out with a nice man who she found attractive. It was about time she got over Jeremy completely, and moving on was the best way to do that.



~*~



Prudence clutched Robert's hand as they walked through the warm, crowded kitchen.

"Is it always like this?" Prudence asked, almost yelling to be heard over the commotion.

"Pretty much," Robert answered, glancing back at her. His brown skin glistened under the lights of the kitchen, and she wondered how he could stand to wear a three-piece suit in such an environment.

Finally, they made their way all the way through the kitchen and into a secluded corner in the back that looked as if it had remained untouched for years.

Looking around, she couldn't even see the cooks.

"I sit back here to get away from all the hustle and bustle sometimes," Robert told her, running a hand along the sleek, metal surface of one of the empty counters.

His dark eyes shifted back to her and she could feel her skin burn under his gaze. He had looked at her with that same heated expression all through dinner, as if he wished she were the main course.

He came closer to her, pressing her against a cold, metal counter before placing his lips against hers.

She couldn't think straight with his mouth on hers. All she could focus on was the feel of his lips and the heat they sent all the way through her body.

To say that she didn't want the man on a physical level would have been a lie. He was one of the sexiest men she had ever met, and she had a fabulous time during dinner, laughing with him and admiring the way he looked at her.

His lips slid down her neck, sucking lightly on her collar bone as his hand moved to the thin strap of her dress, pulling it down over her shoulder as his lips moved lower.

Then his hands held on to her hips, and he boosted her onto the counter.

She laughed but was beginning to feel slightly uneasy. She watched as his lips moved over her skin and felt a sense of sadness. Was this really what she wanted? To go straight from not dating to a relationship that dove head first into sex? She wasn't sure that was healthy. She needed a minute to think.

She gave Robert's shoulders a light push. "Robert," she said when his eyes met hers. "Why don't we take it slow?"

The look of confusion on his face almost made her laugh.

"Slow?"

She cocked an eyebrow at him. "Yeah, you know, talk, get to know each other, not sleep with each other right away?"

The confusion began to turn to apparent irritation. "I thought this was what you wanted. A man." He put out his arms as if he encompassed all that was the opposite sex.

She hopped off the counter and pulled up the strap of her dress. "I do want a man, but not one who just wants sex."

He scoffed, and suddenly Prudence was no longer attracted to him.

"That's what a man wants. If you want a man, you have to want what he wants."

Disgusted, Prudence rushed out of the kitchen without bothering to answer him.

Was she expecting too much?

No. She was positive she wasn't. She would not settle as she had the first time.

She thought about going home, but wasn't interested in being alone after her first crash and burn.



~*~



When Kyle opened his door, he thought he had died and gone to Heaven. Standing in front of him was Prudence in her tiny dress, looking flustered.

She smiled up at him. "Tera was right about Robert. Scumbag."

"I'm sorry." He tried to wipe the happiness out of his voice, but it was so hard to conceal. "Come in and I'll make you some coffee."

She smiled again as she stepped past him, that sweet smile that he knew so well, and he knew this was his chance.
© Copyright 2008 GryffindorGurl (UN: magicfreak11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GryffindorGurl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566706-Yeah