*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568804-Noid
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#568804 added February 19, 2008 at 10:24pm
Restrictions: None
'Noid....
I don't know what my problem was, but all day long today I operated on 'noid. I woke with the feeling that I just wanted to pull the cover over my head and keep low. It didn't get better once I was up, dressed, and in the car. I kept feeling like something bad was right around the corner, waiting for me to come past so it could jump out at me and holler, "Boo!" right in my face and scare the hell out of me.

Actually, it would turn out that the feeling wasn't quite without basis. I've been driving my "weekend car" an "07 Jetta (all tricked out and real sweet) to work every day for the past week because my sister-in-law had to borrow my runabout when she developed car trouble of a nature too bizarre to get into right now. I had the means to help her out so that she could get to work and back, and I did.

But I'm rethinking that now.
Like I said, it's been a week, and the end of this situation doesn't seem to be in immediate sight.

In the meantime, I had to have a tire fixed on the Jetta yesterday because the low pressure indicator light was on. At the dealership where they did the routine oil change and maintenance, it was discovered that somehow I'd run over a nail. Somewhere between the dealership and the tire place where I had the tire repaired, the body sustained a small ding on the right rear quarter panel. I didn't notice it until I was at the gas station, pumping gas on that side. It's a tiny dent, but it's there. It was not there on the day before.

Mind you, this is the car I keep spit-shined and polished. The one that I carefully choose parking spaces for to avoid the possibility of getting dinged by someone else's door, or scraped by someone going by, or touched by sticky fingers, etc.

Today, I was sitting at a stop sign, minding my own business, waiting for traffic to clear so that I could pull out into the main thoroughfare when I was slammed into from the rear. I could not believe it. In that car. I was livid. LIVID, do you hear me!

Luckily, there was no visible damage to my car, not so much as a scratch. The lady who ran into me was most apologetic-and pregnant. She was a nervous wreck,and I had to worry that she was okay. We parted amicably, but I haven't been any good since then. I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall.

This feeling is foreign to me, not like me at all. I don't know what it is, but I sure hope it's gone by morning. Paranoia has the tendency to draw negativity, and I don't need any more of that.

© Copyright 2008 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568804-Noid