*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570880-26-the-sun-is-glorious-on-the-new-snow-
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#570880 added March 1, 2008 at 11:15am
Restrictions: None
26, the sun is glorious on the new snow :)
I'm sitting here drinking Black Silk (yum!) coffee from my WDC coffee mug, wearing my new WDC long sleeved t-shirt on my 3rd WDC birthday! How absolutely corney and kewl is that? LOVE it! Funny how last year the day slipped by unnoticed, but this year, for some reason it is first and foremost in my thoughts. I'm a happy, happy person today and it is due, in a large part, to WDC. My life has changed so much since that day three years ago when I was a lonely, dispossessed soul trying to find a light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel. WDC gave me a voice while flashing brightly. It gave me a place to discover while rediscovering who and what i was and, more importantly, who and what I wanted to be!

It was effectively, the beginning of a new life without looking over my shoulder while treading on eggshells. It was a birth of a free woman with ideas and thoughts and feelings based on my and not on how some one else would react. In many ways I truly feel as if this, March 1st, really is MY birthday.

I found folks here who were patient and kind, loving and sweet, intelligent and excellent writers. One of the first true friends I made here was Mark .

It was so liberating to develop a friendship with a guy that was exactly that. A friendship. Pure and simple. Give and take. An exchange of thoughts, philosophies, truths and occasionally, good, well thrown doses of cold watered reality. Oh and we've had a few water fights. It was so nice to be me. Simply me with no ulterior motives, no agendas, no nothing. There were no 'personnas.' just people, real. So nice.

And it allowed me to be able to learn, once again, to trust. To trust in my thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions. It allowed me to act and react without having to dissect and put same under a microscope to make sure every movement, thought and word was 'safe.' So thank you Mark. You are truly one of my all time favorite people on this planet.

Time went on, as it inexorably does, and I re-found my now 'other half.' And I was now in a position mentally to be able to try yet one more time to find that 'happily ever after' I'd been searching for my whole life. I was able, finally, to feel wanted and loved for me. Talk about a rebirth. Wheeeeeeeee!

Over the years, I've made so many friends here. Lexi , terryjroo, and Lisa Dawn - sunny days to name just a few. Some of these friendships waxed and waned over time and passed into fond memory. Others are ongoing and growing. Kind of like life, I suppose.

I've found folks to share writing with and folks to debate philosophy with. I grew as a person and as a writer. I turned yellow and blue. I went from becoming almost addicted to this place to realizing that while it is extremely important to me, that it isn't the begin all/end all and thus now have a full and satisfying life outside WDC and that is a good thing.

Both feed off the other and compliment each other, yet have now achieved their rightful places. I am so happy with everything and am planning on totally celebrating today. The phoenix (fynix) is indeed flying and life is just so, so SO good!

© Copyright 2008 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570880-26-the-sun-is-glorious-on-the-new-snow-