*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574265
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1399296
True stories of hope and hopelessness, love, life, laughter and loss. A work in progress.
#574265 added March 18, 2008 at 3:31am
Restrictions: None
Monday, December 6, 1999
I spent today in diagnostic imaging with Jennifer, a fellow classmate. As soon as Robert, one of the techs, got there he said, "Oh, great! Nursing students! I hate nursing students!"
Jennifer just looked at him and smiled. "That's okay," she said. "We hate you, too." I about peed my pants laughing. After this exchange it was Jennifer's mission to make his life miserable.

Jennifer followed him everywhere he went. Finally, he turned to ask her, "Why do you feel the need to follow me wherever I go?"

"I just want to see what it is that makes you so miserable, Robert."

Afterward, Jennifer and I entertained each other by joking about the situation (when others weren't around, of course). She said, "I wonder if Robert's on the top 10 most eligible bachelors list."

"Oh, yeah," I said. "It's Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves...and Robert. I bet they're beating down his door to date him."

"I bet he's broken hearts all over Nevada," Jennifer added.

I know this wasn't very nice, but it was just our way of dealing with a very uncomfortable situation. We had a good time. We made sure of that. We laughed and had fun regardless of the circumstances, and we ended up learning a lot because we asked those who would speak to us a lot of questions.

It was a good day.

Jennifer amazes me. This kid is only 20, works two jobs, volunteers, and is putting herself through school. If my kids end up with half her maturity and common sense I'd be thrilled! I've seen adults who don't have their stuff together as much as she does. How she does it I don't know, but I have the utmost respect and admiration for her. I'm truly impressed.

Well, today was the last clinical day of the semester. I will write more next month.

I can't wait for Christmas!


© Copyright 2008 Shannon (UN: shannonchapel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shannon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574265