*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574282-31808
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#574282 added March 18, 2008 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
3/18/08
I didn't sleep well again last night. Just couldn't shut my brain off again.
dammit.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1402227 by Not Available.




Remembering Randy
It's so hard to believe that you're gone. I still expect to see you coming around the corner at top speed to solve another crisis. You'd have a bottle of diet coke in your hand, and that crooked grin on your face, shaking your head at the stupidity of others who repeatedly create their own problems. Then they'd have the audacity to expect you to solve their problems knowing full well that as soon as you are gone they will turn around and do the same stupid thing over again. Once again, they'd expect you to drop everything you are doing and come running to help them one more time.

You served because you cared, even when it frustrated you beyond words. I never heard you curse and you were never rude to those who didn't appreciate you and never took the time to say thanks. You could have gotten angry or been short tempered with us, but that just wasn't your style. Instead, you'd come in on the weekends and in the middle of the night, and often you stayed throughout the day as well. Many times, you worked with very little sleep and even less appreciation for all your hard work.

You had more patience and tolerance that I could ever hope for, and when we really needed you, you were always there for us. You did so much for us, most of the time while we were sleeping and weren't even aware you were standing guard over us. I wonder, how often did you pray for us while you were doing that?

You set a fine example for all of us to follow. I don't know if I will ever be an employee as dedicated and thorough as you were, but in honor of you, I will try. It made me so proud to know that you respected me. Your respect was never given freely, it had to be earned, and likewise, I respected you too, my friend.

I know that in your military experiences, you've seen many things that no person should ever have to see. You've endured heartache, loss, and physical illnesses but never once did I hear you complain. You were a man of the highest caliber, true integrity and loyal to the core. Most of all, you were my friend, and I will miss you more than you will ever know. Until we meet again, my friend, be at peace and know you are deeply loved.

© Copyright 2008 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574282-31808