*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574855-And-then-I-had-that-dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1401316
A journal of my day-to-day thoughts
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#574855 added March 21, 2008 at 3:19am
Restrictions: None
And then I had that dream
I had a dream the other night about them, about him. A typical dream for me, really; my mind giving me the opportunity to say things that I never got to say, to elicit responses that I will never receive, to process emotions that still remain.

I thought that I was over this, over him. That day driving home from work, when I realized that I was thinking of someone else for a change. I thought that I'd already moved on, that I was happy again.

Then one little stressor, leads to this. Why am I all of a sudden plunging back?

Well, of course there are real world answers. I got in a car accident. Not traumatic, but dealing with the insurance would be enough to make a normal person anxious, and a person like me....and I'm out of meds. Well, not quite, I'm stretching, but I can still feel it. It's my own damn fault, of course. A vicious cycle. I procrastinate, so I run low. And then I stretch, which makes me depressed, which makes me procrastinate. It's too simple, too perfect. I had all day to make one phone call, the one I didn't make.

But then, there's no real point in blaming myself. So what, you're sad. Get over it. Right? Well, not really. I should know that by now. Yes, I could have planned, but I didn't....time to pick up the pieces, force myself to make that phone call. I hope she doesn't take off Good Friday. Yeah, we're both Jewish, but maybe it really is like they say.

I hope it's not like they say.

If only I hadn't had that dream....

<I>It is never too late to be what you might have been.

© Copyright 2008 Lexa Blue (UN: lexa_blue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lexa Blue has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574855-And-then-I-had-that-dream