*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575216-A-Wonderful-Guy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#575216 added March 23, 2008 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
A Wonderful Guy
Laney had a lesson with her tennis coach while I played my match on Friday morning. I lost by the way. At least I burned enough calories for French fry eating later. Laney and I decided to eat and shop after tennis. Teenagers are always hungry. Plus, teenage girls never turn down shopping, especially when someone else treats…well unless it somehow interferes with boy time, then they might bag it, otherwise they’re in.

Anyway, we hop into her Honda Accord. Laney shoves the keys into the ignition. “Mom,” she says looking back over her shoulder before she pulls out. “I heard this really cool song the other day, and a few times since...”

We bought her XM satellite radio for Christmas…she listens to the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s stations, among others. I’m curious to know which song she places on the cool list.

“It goes like this,” she says. We’ve weaved our way around the parking lot and are stopped at the corner of N. Ingle Place and Northside when she starts singing…“I’m as corny as Kansas in August...”

I join in. I love this song, coming from one of my favorite musicals, South Pacific, I know the words. The tune is called A Wonderful Guy.

“…High as a flag on the fourth of July.” We’re both singing now. “If you’ll excuse an expression I use…”

it was great fun. We kept singing bits and pieces of it through lunch – only we ordered breakfast food --and all throughout VS shopping. It’s been over a year since I’ve stepped foot in a Victoria Secret store –that’s too long of in interval if you ask me. And holy crap…there was a GUY working there. It was weird, thumbing through lingerie, with him standing behind us asking how can he help.

Great mother / daughter times.

”…as normal as blueberry pie…”

Here’s a youtube link for those interested in viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMO72_TF9JY

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575216-A-Wonderful-Guy