*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575525-Evac-V
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#575525 added March 24, 2008 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
Evac V
Sleeping on cots, right outside the bathroom wasn't the best of ideas. It was a high traffice area. The woman's bathroom had only four toilets, but only one working at a time. So if you felt the slightest urge to go, you'd be smart to get in line right then, because it could be awhile before you actually make it to the toilet. Sunday morning we get breakfast, and I have tons of coffee. *Smile*. There is a pizza joint on the fair grounds right outside the building we are staying in. I promise the kids that we can eat there for lunch. We hang out in the building for a bit, I use the bathroom and get word that anyone who was on the Rahmaa, needs to get their belongings and get in line to go to the airport. We were overjoyed to get in line. Two buses are there, and we look around for Edmund, but can't find him.

Both buses fill up quickly, and we get word that they need three more people. Oh happy day, we are a party of three. The boys and I excitedly head to the bus, knowing that it won't be long before we're home. It is Sunday morning around 10 when we board bus, and who should be sitting there with a smile on his face? You guessed it, Edmund.

The bus takes us the one hour drive to the airport. The airport is tiny, and the lines are outside the building. Why, because Sunday is their big travel day. We go inside and buy pizza for lunch but have to come back to the bus. The planes to take us to Germany can't land, and haven't arrived. As darkness falls, we are still on the bus, and growing anxious and tired. Finally we get to head inside the airport, which is huge.

As they line us up and begin to check our luggage.........we are moved out of the way to accomadate another airlines. As the weary travelers, displaced Americans fleeing from a war zone look on.............the only emotion I can say is........disgust........welled up in my stomach like a nasty flu bug---while security tightens and Tel Aviv airlines takes over the check in. No one said a word in the line we were in. Everyone stared in utter disbelief...*eyeroll*

to be continued...

TTFN

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575525-Evac-V