*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575928-Not-according-to-plan
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#575928 added March 27, 2008 at 2:06am
Restrictions: None
Not according to plan...
Maybe it's time to just cut my losses with my CADD class. I was too ambitious taking on two classes with a new job at the same time, especially a new job with a schedule opposite to the one I worked for 7 years. My main reason for taking the classes was to defer my student loans while gaining valuable experience for graduate school, but the cost of tuition and course materials ended up being pretty darn close to the cost of student loan payments for the semester. I'm pretty sure these books are used in a good number of the drafting classes. It wasn't too bright to taking a class without having had the prerequisite. I need to call a do-over and do the program in proper sequence.

Unfortunately, phoning in the class I'm currently in until the end of the semester means I will likely be receiving my first ever failing grade on a transcript. As upsetting as this is, I just don't see any hope of catching up. I still plan to attend the classes and labs (I did pay for them after all), but only as a head start for the prerequisites. The school does allow grade forgiveness if you retake a class, but, while the cumulative GPA isn't affected, the original grade will remain listed on the transcript. Ouch.

I just have to remind myself that I already have a bachelor degree, one that I worked damn hard for! I'd hate to think graduate schools would hold one bad call against me when my GPA and work experience are decent.

At least I'll have more time for my friends and family now.

© Copyright 2008 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575928-Not-according-to-plan