*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576471-Sunday-March-30-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#576471 added March 30, 2008 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Sunday, March 30, 2008

         It's 9:30am Sunday morning.  I've had a nice fulfilling weekend.  I finally washed my car yesterday and sprayed down the windows on the outside of the apartment just to remove the dirt and dust, and now I only have to windex them and vacuum the dust and debris on the sill between the glass and screen.  I may try and finish that today.
~~~~~

         Yesterday morning my neighbor, Paulette, invited our other downstairs neighbor, Patty, and me to sit outside with her and have coffee.  What a nice, kind gesture.  We usually only say hello and good-bye and talk briefly about this or that...  We actually had the opportunity to chat a bit.

         After that I picked up my daughter, Clarissa, and my grandsons.  We took the boys to the mall for a haircut and then my daughter bought them each a Webkinz (? I think that's what they're called ?) --- stuffed animals.  Tyler chose a tiger and Cody chose a monkey.  Then Clarissa entered them on an online interactive website where you give them a name --- Tyler named his Tyler and Cody named his Fire Monkey -- and then they had a house and a car their pet could actually drive around in online, pretty neat.  Tim, my son-in-law, told Clarissa, "Don't expect me to get involved in that."  Stuffed animal play websites don't fit in with his machismo. 

         Clarissa and the boys spent some time with me and then I took them home around 3pm.  Both boys showed me how they can swing from the rope hanging from the tree near their fort in the backyard.  They have two ropes now and Tyler (who is six) actually swings from one rope, then grabs another and swings onto the fort.  He tried that several times until he got it right so I could see the whole thing. 

         Then Cody (who is four), the more cautious one, showed me how he has learned to swing from the rope.  He has just recently gotten the courage to give it a go.  Their dad stacks up some cement blocks, which is their launching pad; he holds the rope for them to grab onto (with knots tied here and there for support) and then they launch off the blocks and swing like a pendulum.  I gave it a try.  It's not easy.  My arms were barely strong enough to support my weight so I pretty much swung out (with a soft scream) and dropped.  They thought that was hilarious.

~~~~~

         This morning, I got up to feed the cats and then laid back down for awhile just because I didn't have to get up.

         I plan to go to the gym in an hour or so for a good work out and then take in a Yoga class at noon.  Sue is our instructor on Sundays, and she really challenges us --- like she's not there just to get some money for teaching the class, but really wants us to become more fit.  She cares.

         Well, if you're reading this, I hope the rest of your weekend is remarkable and fun!  God bless you!

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576471-Sunday-March-30-2008