*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576555-Wii-Are-the-Champions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#576555 added May 9, 2014 at 6:22am
Restrictions: None
Wii Are the Champions
It’s made a really pleasant change to go away for the weekend and stay with my old school friend Julia and her partner Peter.

However, any plans for Saturday were kyboshed by the arrival of torrential rain, so it was decided to stay indoors. Julia’s son Marc suggested we join forces and play a few sports on his latest technological acquisition, a Nintendo Wii. A mystery to me but I said I’d just nip for a wii before we started.

First came the serious task of creating a Mii to represent each player. I was rather pleased with the results of mine; very prettii, skinnii with no wrinkles and big blue eyes to match my outfit. Far more like something from a glossii magazine than the real version. Hubbii’s wasn’t bad either, though more hairii than in reality and thankfullii hii seemed to have lost his beer bellii.

First off Julia and I battled it out at the bowling allii. I found it preferable to the real thing as there were no ball jams, no risks of falling on slipperii lanes or annoying amateurs approaching the skittles at the same time. Plus the fact we were allowed drinks on the lanes and every time I managed to clear all the skittles with my second ball my ego was stroked when the commentator shouted ‘Nice Pair,’ or something like that.

He shouted the same thing at Julia admittedly, but I overlooked that seeing as I beat her.

Next shii challenged me to a Wii game of tennis, which was a bit scarii as I wasn’t verii good at the game when wii were at school. Despite neither of us appearing to be wearing any pantiis, we were surprisingly sprightlii and played the best tennis of our lives. There were no bad calls or uppitii outbursts, but lots of power shots and breathtaking railliis. I’m pleased to say I won that too.

Next up, hubbii and Peter took to the courts while Julia and I made sillii comments, which wii thought were funnii, even if they didn’t. They were prettii useless to start with but not to worriii, they soon improved as Julia yelled encouragement from the sidelines.

‘Yes, Oh Yes, Yes boys.’

Hopefullii, there were no neighbours passing by outside.

As we were getting hungrii by this stage we paused to eat spaghetii and have a few drinkiis. By the time we resumed play with the Wii, wii were decidelii merii, so suggested we watch while hubbii played a solitarii round of golf. He played badlii and ended up with a sorrii score of twentii over par. By which time we were all readii for beddii.

This morning my right arm was very achii and I can only assume I’ve overdosed on Wii activitii. After a ride out and a coffii, sadlii it was time to start the long drive home.

I was like a kiddii in the car, repeatedly telling hubbii,

‘I want a Wii.’

In fact just like the last little piggii it was Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii all the way home.

It’s his burpday in April. Maybii I can persuade him all he wants for a pressii is his verii own Wii. Wii shall sii. *Wink*

Here Wii are in Julia’s lovelii Conservatorii.










© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576555-Wii-Are-the-Champions