*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577130-Here-Comes-the-Sun
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#577130 added April 2, 2008 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Here Comes the Sun
Despite the bitter cold wind that harassed the back of my bare legs this morning as I was filling the gas tank, the sun is out and Spring seems to be making a comeback. Following two days of dreary rain and winter's desperate attempts to hold on, the breakthrough of warmer weather is a welcome and encouraging event. I'm feeling positive, if a little jazzed about my final fitting today and the impending party this weekend. Its the last big thing until the wedding so I'm looking forward to some quiet, down time after this Sunday when all the guests are gone and the house is quiet again. My girls have been a great comfort to me the last few days. My sister has called everyday to share an excited countdown and to remind me that no matter how it turns out with his sister, everything will be absolutely fine. I've not looked at my checklist in days but I think I've moved right along and have very few items left. I've burned through the hours here in the office, determined to get as much done before my departure. Things are okay. I'm okay. More nervous than excited but more excited than I was a month ago. I'm longing for that day when I can say...I'm all done, I'm ready and all that's left is for me to show up and get dressed.

© Copyright 2008 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577130-Here-Comes-the-Sun