*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577358-one-of-those-days
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#577358 added April 3, 2008 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
one of those days...
I think I'm having one of those weird days... You know the kind.

I had a bad nightmare about a bright red spider/scorpion thing. Then my husband came home from work and told me about a medical problem he's having which has me a little worried (and of course he won't go to the doctor...). But then good news - work called and asked if I'd come in for a few hours this evening.

Then I found a bug in my last cup of coffee (I've been using instant coffee because I broke the carafe on my coffeemaker and I'm waiting until my discount kicks in to buy a new one where I work), so I walked to the nearest gas station to buy a cup of real coffee. I needed ones for the bus, anyway.

So I got back home and enjoyed my coffee. For breakfast, I thought I'd heat up some oatmeal in a coffee mug in the microwave. I didn't realize the mug I used wasn't microwave-safe. The mug burned my hand when I tried to take it out of the oven. I spilled oatmeal everywhere, and the weird thing is that the oatmeal was still cold! The microwave heated the mug but not what was inside. (I should have known the mug wouldn't work in the microwave since I bought it at a dollar store)

My bathtub is clogged again today (does anyone else have this problem?), so I'm waiting for the Draino to work so I can take a shower.

I'm just wondering what else is going to happen today... I'm taking the bus to work later, but it's the last bus of the day (at 5pm! public transportation around here is a joke!), so I'm considering getting an earlier bus just in case. Of course, I'll be super early for work then... but that's a plus to working at a mall. I can just walk around for a while!

There's a used book sale at the mall this weekend, and I really wish it was starting on Friday since I'm working Friday. Alas, it doesn't start until Saturday. I think my MIL is going, so I can probably go with her. Then we're geocaching on Sunday, and hopefully reaching 100 finds!

Today I'm trying to finish putting the magazine together so we can print it tomorrow. I dreamt about a promotion idea for our magazine, and I think we're going to try it out with next month's issue.

Let's hope today gets better. I'm just going to try focusing on the positive things. *Smile*

© Copyright 2008 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577358-one-of-those-days