*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577894-I-AM-SCATTER-BRAIND
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#577894 added April 6, 2008 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
I AM SCATTER BRAIND
lAST nighgIII wrote an article/opinion about musicals and about Broadway musicals in general. to reveal some awesome lyrics....and how the great musicals will never go out of style..Nut, of courswe, i clicked he wrong buton....and off to Never-Never Land, the 7 paragraphs vanished .........I WAS bummmed!!

I may alk about some og those famise broadway musicals especially, Roders & lyricist Hammmerstein )( Oklahoma, South acific Carorsel.  There are lyricists in Broadway shows who rival any poet. Their words are the meat of the entire performance.and tage scenes togeher.

Famous songs from musicals: "Send In The Cowns (Stephen Sondheim is brilliant with cramming as many words into a phrase as possible!. Chorus Line produced many beautiful songs; Oklahoma is STILL being sung on that morning commute:

{font:}Oklahoma where the wind somes sweeping down the plains
and the waving wheat, can sure smell sweet,
as the rain comes right behind the wind....etc"

I LOVE to go to Boradway shows...and be captured and taken to a place of security and fun and relaxation.. The always leave me with a smile on my face........Good songs in musicals these days are RARE.......forgettablee. BUT those written in the 1950's and 1960's eras were milestones in transforming a musical from just singing with little concern for the storyline.. That's why the GREA musicals we remember. We know "West Side Story" (Sondheim also did the lyrics for that..

If you're brave enought to go buy some Broadway muasical soundtracks and REALLY listen to the lyrics....and follow the storyline......you'll be amazed how your mood will change, happy thoughs will fill your brain....and you can anlyze he lyrics and understand how difficul it is to write something classic -a poem, a song for  show with grea melody and awesome verses. or else go to your local dinner theatre and see the performances there..

Any experience regarding the writen word, styles of writing will influence you...and get your brain going..and you'll be inspired!

"Happy Talky, Talky, Happy Talk,
Talk about things you 'd like to do,
You got to have a dream,
if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have that dream come true...."    From 'South Pacific"


© Copyright 2008 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577894-I-AM-SCATTER-BRAIND