*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577900-57-and-glorious
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#577900 added April 6, 2008 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
57 and glorious
Emerging from a week of being sick, sick, SICK!!!! Miserable!!!! I can't remember the last time I was this flat out sick. Feeling better today...some but feel as weak as a kitten run over by a mack truck (wait...what is it you drive, Lexi? Just kidding! *grin*)

Nice news in the *for what it's worth* department....I've been nominated to be included in 'Who's Who Among Executive and Professional Women.' Kinda cool...at least i think so...sure has me smiling at least :)

Ken and I are planning our vacation in June. We WERE going to go to Boston so he could realize his lifelong dream of walking on the decks of the USS Constitution, but it is undergoing a major overhaul, replacing, you guessed it, the decks. Wouldn't really be the same seeing it all torn apart and not being able to actually stand on the deck. So that trip is postponed a few years as it won't be completed until fall 2009. Sigh.

So we are driving to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and doing some exploring. Along the way we will be driving from Hell, Michigan to Paradise, Michigan. Yes, really. We'll also be collecting Petosky stones in Petosky, crossing the Mackinaw Bridge and going to Mackinaw Island.

Wish we could stay at the Grand Hotel on the island. You know, that famous hotel of 'Somewhere in Time' fame? I figured it would be expensive but for one night and one of my long time dreams that we could do it. Silly me, I figured it would be close to 200 a night. Well, I was close...sort of. It is 250 a night...per person!!!! NOT! And it is 15 a head just to walk on the porch. So we will not be doing that...not in this lifetime. But we will go to the island, get some fudge and take a horse and buggy ride around the island. That will be romantic and fun!

Then on to Paradise and Taquameden Falls, The Whitefish Shipwreck Museum, (Think the Edmund Fitzgerald) and on to the Pictured Rocks lining Lake Superior. We will be staying in a cottage right on the shore in Christmas, Michigan. That area is great for collecting agates along the shoreline. And, Christmas will be a fun place for some shopping!

After that we'll indulge ourselves in a bit of totally silly fun. We are both fans of 'Da Yoopers,' (think 'Rusty Chevrolet' and '2nd Week of Deercamp') and are going to their Tourist Trap Trap! It will be fun!

For the uninformed. Yoopers are those in Michigan who live above the bridge...trolls are we who live below!.

On our way back we'll hit the St Ignace Mystery Spot, a ghost town and Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. On to Holland, Michigan and Home. We'll be gone about 10 glorious days and this will be our first long trip together as well as my first trip waaaay up north. Can you tell I'm psyched?



© Copyright 2008 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577900-57-and-glorious