*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578263-Laneys-high-school-tennis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#578263 added April 8, 2008 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Laney's high school tennis
:::::::::::::runs in…socks sliding on hardwood floors:::::::::::::::


I have two blogs I wanted to post but this one barged in front of the queue:

Laney slept through her alarm! The region tournament is today. No time for breakfast, She rushed around the house gathering up her tennis clothes. This will be the first year I can’t attend. Two employees have personal / physical issues, leaving no one to cover for me. (the senior men and women are here today – at least my courts are being used).

I’m really nervous for her today. She’s had to play singles this season after playing doubles for the last two seasons…she’s had a shaky record, which means she won’t be seeded. Even though she’s played on the adult mixed doubles league…I’m not sure she has the singles stamina to make it to the third /fourth playoffs.

She’s made it to state every year --eighth through eleventh…I truly hate it i'm at work, and may miss her last high school match wearing the Cavs uniform. ("Oh god" *reaches for a tissue*) . No matter what, I’m proud of her high school tennis career.



Laney called. She won her first match, but lost her second to a girl who plays usta sanctioned events often. She seemed okay. I still hate it I’m here and not there.

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578263-Laneys-high-school-tennis