*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578748-Wigging-out
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#578748 added April 10, 2008 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
Wigging out...
Yeah okay, so what the Hell is wrong with me. I knew I didn't care about the drafting class anymore. I have my acceptance to graduate school. Why do I feel so bad about playing hooky? I went last week to practice some and my professor was all over me with options to get me out of the class with a "D". I hardly feel like busting butt for a "D". Anything below a "C" looks the same to graduate schools.

Maybe what bothers me is that I made the concious decision to fail. I had hoped to be able to still attend and learn whatever I could but the professor does not seem willing to give me any attention unless I'm "in the game". I know my failing makes him look bad but I'm the one who wasted my time and money on this. It has been educational in terms of learning what my limits are as a part time student with a full time job (with lots of overtime) and I have learned enough drafting techniques to help me to an "A" if I take it a again.

As of now I still don't know if deferment for graduate school is even an option. I need a little more time to settle back into the student mindset and one more trip to the beach with my friends. I want to go full time and knock out my masters in less than two years by taking summer classes. I just don't feel like I have the energy to do that yet. I also want to take a couple more classes (one at a time from now on) at PVCC. I just have to remember that failing one class is not the end of the world.

© Copyright 2008 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578748-Wigging-out