*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579135
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #1151935
My thoughts, emotions, frustrations. In short, my life such as it is.
#579135 added April 13, 2008 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
6 month hurdle
Friday was 6 months since Daddy died. The final will probate is this week. I am still having trouble adjusting to him being gone. Due to several unseen circumstances I haven't seen Bonnie, my therapist, in a few weeks. In am looking forward to my next appointment. I have alot of anger to get help dealing with. My wicked stepmother has done it again.

When Daddy died she wanted him buried by her which was next to her mother in a distant part of the same cemetery where my mother and sister are. I adamantly opposed to that!!! Her excuse was that she was with my father just as long as my mother was. What she neglected to see was that he had a daughter buried next my mother. She wanted to be "by him for eternity". There were plots next my mother and sister for the rest of family for a reason. She wouldn't agree to be buried next to them because she didn't want to leave her mother and she didn't "know" my mother and sister. My brother had to pay to have her mother moved, which was 3 thousand dollars, to pacify her in order for Daddy to be buried by my mother and sister. Before the decision was made I told my brother to tell her (I was too pissed off to talk to her) if she truly wanted to be next to him for eternity she needed to compromise or the minute she took her last breath I was digging Daddy up and putting him where he belonged! Next to the love of his life and his daughter.

She compromised but when I went to the cemetery later there was a double marker with her headstone waiting for her which said "beloved wife". Daddy was buried just above my mother instead of beside her but that's another story. There is one long piece of marble with two bronze insets and a vase for flowers in the middle. It's as if she was the only wife he had and she was only legally his wife for less than two years. She thinks she was love of his life and he was hers. My mother was the love of his life and he missed her up until the day he died. He had told me many times that he loved my stepmother but he would never love a woman the way he loved my mother. I could have been cruel and told her that when she was being a bitch about the burial but I didn't.

Her selfishness, first at not wanting to let him go when he was in agony from the bone cancer pain, to the stunt she pulled with the double headstone has pissed me off to the point that I want nothing to do with the woman. I will have my say when the time comes though. My son and I visited the cemetery and stood looking at this latest display of selfishness and he told me, "Mom, just let it go. The day she dies I will pay to separate the stones and we will make sure to come up with a way to show that Grandma was the mother of his children". I will have to be happy with that. Unfortunately the remaining plots were transferred to her according to Alabama law. My brother was furious!!!! He even called the cemetery people but their hands were tied. I would be just like her to sell the remaining plots that belong to me, my sister, and brother. My brother will be most likely be buried in Texas where his wife is but my sister and I want to be buried with our sister and parents.

My sister and I have decided that if she does sell our plots we will buy our own plus 3 extra and when she takes her last breath we will move our parents and sister to the new place, no matter the cost, and leave her ass with her mother. When she is dead she can longer say she is the "spouse" and have any say on where my Daddy is.

She has definitely underestimated his children.






© Copyright 2008 Wystful (UN: bookishfilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wystful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579135