*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580442-Nano
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #840656
It's my line and I'm editing it.
#580442 added June 8, 2008 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Nano
Dressed in dark clothing, the three moved quickly, weaving through the labyrinth of the unlit third floor office building.

"You DO have the flash drive...don't you?" the words hissed over Stephanie's shoulder. She could feel her heart thump hard and fast against her chest. Clandestine illegal break-ins weren't part of her normal everyday activity.

"Of course I do." Kerry's murmured response held that what the heck do you think I am, an idiot? tone. The trio had sixty minutes to check three, maybe four, computers located on two different floors --before they could sneak back downstairs, walk a block to where the car was parked, and head for home.

"Here we go," Steph said pulling off into a cubical. All three collapsed into chairs. Kerry's finger poked the power button to boot up Brad's computer. Nervous shallow breathing replaced speech. Every eye glued itself on Kerry, the computer hacker.

Steph heard the hum, before they saw...the overhead lights pop on, illuminating the entire floor. Her flesh crawled with fear. Everyone froze. Stephanie's mother cursed softly.

"Hide!" Kerry whispered. The women dove underneath nearby desks and pulled office chairs in front of them. Kerry remained seated, the pads of his fingers tapping on Brad's keyboard.

Scrunched beneath her hiding spot, Stephanie had a perfect view of Kerry's leg. She saw his hand fling an object in her direction.

The flash drive! She cupped her mouth to stifle a gasp and watched the drive skid across the floor. It ricocheted against the leg of the desk in front of her with a "clunk". Then, it changed directions. Now it headed toward her, spinning like a merry-go-round, before stopping its forward movement...inches out of her reach. Helpless, her eyes transfixed on the spinning drive, she heard a voice.

"What's going on here, Mister?" the security guard asked, voice filled with stern authority.

The sound of keyboard clicking never stopped. "I'm updating the system." Kerry's voice matched the security's authoritative tone.


The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!
 ON WINTER BREAK  (18+)
Submit your acrostic poetry here to win gps and prizes.CLOSED for WINTER BREAK.
#1199077 by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth

a heart signature
 Sports Arena  (18+)
Post anything sports related. For and by players, fans, & media.
#1374885 by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth





© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580442-Nano