*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580958-Murphy-in-Majorca
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#580958 added April 22, 2008 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Murphy in Majorca
Hi hunnies, I'm home. I won't pretend it's been a restful holiday or bore you with all the details but you know me; never one to complain. *Wink*

We arrived in Majorca to glorious sunshine and clear blue skies. When we left this morning Majorca was bathed in glorious sunshine with clear blue skies. Unfortunately, only one day during our stay saw the same conditions and the rest of the time it's been cloudy, cool and windy with a few showers thrown in for good measure.

Sis was due to arrive in La La Land on Thursday, so I phoned to check she'd landed and could tell immediately from her voice something was wrong. It turned out mother had lost all feeling in her arms and legs and they were awaiting the arrival of a paramedic. I spent a sleepless night waiting for news and weighing up whether it would be better to fly home. Mum was admitted to hospital for tests as her heartbeat was very erratic.

There were no available plane seats to England, so sis said she'd stay over longer than planned and keep me informed. I can confirm spending five days attached to a mobile phone, be it on the beach, in restaurants, on buses, in the bath or loo waiting for hospital reports is hardly a relaxing experience.

By the second day sis informed me Mum had forgotten why she was in hospital and was complaining loudly about the food, treatment, nurses, toilets, heating etc so we concluded she'd survive. She was released last night with new medication it's essential she takes, but no doubt will forget.

To add to my sleep deprivation, hubby's nose and snoring racket have been no quieter, so I spent a few nights on the settee. Also, the pain in my neck I've had for about a month (I've had the snoring one much longer) decided to really play up on Saturday night, so yet another disturbed night, followed by a visit to a pharmacist added to the problems.

At least there were no flight delays this time, although we did miss the transfer bus to the airport this morning due to the Bog King spending too much time on his throne. Paying for a taxi must have hurt, but I doubt he'll learn any lessons.

I've just read my horoscope for this week. It suggests I'm weary and should take a holiday. No way - I need a rest.


© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580958-Murphy-in-Majorca