*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581785-Sunday-April-27-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#581785 added April 27, 2008 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Sunday, April 27, 2008

         It's Sunday again, a beautiful mild day...  Sports Fest is taking place downtown this weekend.  I hear the announcers in the distance.  Triathletes are shopping for everything from shoes, to bike wear, swim wear and running wear.  They also have bikes and accessories; you name it. 

         I saw some people with numbers on their shirts yesterday morning; so there may have been a race of some kind going on earlier.

         As the boys and I rode the trolley to the Pier, we overheard people saying the swimmers were practicing for the triathlon...  It looked more like a practice than a competition because they didn't seem to be trying to swim fast -- more of a very long, leisure swim marked by big yellow buoys.

         There was a Volkswagen show at the pier where they had a lot of old VWs in mint condition with the hoods up, showing off immaculate engines. 

         Cody likes to ride the glass elevators so we rode to the top so we could look out on the water while Cody constantly said he was ready to go back down. 

         Tyler threw a penny out on a shelf -- an odd sort of wishing well, without water.  Since earlier I had told him I didn't bring money with me, he asked if he could climb through the bars to get the money... only about a 200 foot drop from a precariously positioned shelf.  He is fearless.  I said, "no way" and then tried to explain the danger.

         We rode the elevator back down where we caught another trolley ride.  Then the boys climbed the man-made rock-climbing feature and also some large trees on our way back to my apartment.

         I made them some eggplant parmesan, which they immediately said they did not like before even tasting it.  I was able to get them to take a few bites of it before driving them back home. 

         Cody fell asleep on the drive, while Tyler and I talked.  I asked if he had fun and what he liked best.  It was the talking, robotic bear at the car show.  The bear asked questions, and the boys answered.  Then the bear responded to what the boys said -- repeating their names to make sure he understood, etc.  Then they started asking the bear questions, and the bear answered.  Finally, they said good-bye to the bear and we walked away.  Funny, out of our day together, I'd completely forgotten about the talking bear.

         I dropped the boys off and said good-bye to them and to my sweet daughter and son-in-law; and then drove back home.

         After all that, I cleaned my house and laundered all of the rugs.  Sometimes I amaze myself!

         I plan to have a restful day today.  I'm doing a couple of loads of laundry this morning while the machines are empty.  I hope to do a little reviewing online.  Later I'll go to the gym for a little yoga.

         After that -- rest!

         God bless you all!  I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and a triumphant work week!

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581785-Sunday-April-27-2008