*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581852-A-day-of-rest
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#581852 added April 27, 2008 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
A day of rest.
Not really. Today is that one day of the of the week where we sleep in, and wake up refreshed. Ummm, someone needed to remind me. It was one of those nights where the mind refused to cooperate. I had a dream running through my mind, keeping me from complete sleep. I got up, used the bathroom, turned the heat down, and padded back to bed. Only to still be in that dream. This was at 5:30. As I fought for sleep to find me, the birds began to chatter, the sun came up, and still I was awake, no closer to sleep at all. Every now and again, I'd look at the alarm clock, and the time moved oh so slowly. Now at this point, I began to wonder if it was really a dream. Could it be possible that I was writing a story? Or writing something that I wanted to happen to me in the future? I can't stop thinking about it. It's strange. And I assumed I'd have the usual lack of sleep headache, but nope. Yanked the Aleve out of my purse at 7:30 when I left the hubby in bed.

And surprise of all surprises, the D master was up. Now this is the younger kid, the one who sleeps through bombs and is hard to get out of bed for school. But he's up and says he has been for an hour. It's not just me. YES! *Laugh* Kidding. So I ask him if he'd like muffins for breakfast, and head into the kitchen. With coffee and a fresh wildberry muffin, I began my day. Right here on WDC. Damn I love this place.

And there is something new in my life, something that I am learning about, and now writing. Poetry. I adm it that I've always dabbled when the inspriation arose, but now, I've been reading it. And there are some really wonderful, heartfelt poems out there. I love this path that I have chosen to take. I am a writer. And everyday I write, I am one day closer to my dream, to my goal.

In five short days, it will be one year since I found this place. When I look back at the first book I posted, A Perfect Fit I remember the hope that people would love it as much as I did. But no, it wasn't to be. Instead, I got a kick in the ass, and I learned how to look at my work with a critical eye. I learned how to bring the scene to life, to thrust the reader right into...and that my friends...IS PRICELESS! *Wink*

Think I'm done rambling for today. Aren't you glad? *Laugh*

TTFN

© Copyright 2008 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581852-A-day-of-rest