*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582919-Here-I-am
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#582919 added May 2, 2008 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
Here I am!
I don't have the case of the blahs so much as a case of the apathies. When it comes to writing anyway. I have many an idea percolating as well as three projects I need to finish.

Darn it. I hate when I have so much of a to-do list hanging over my head, but at the same time never have enough motivation to tackle it.

This blog and yours are a part of that list. Sorry for neglecting you.

Even now, part of the reason I write is because I'm in the process of archiving old projects, and that takes a while. Instead of watching files move from one hard drive to another, I decided to write a little something to pass the time.

Thomas is looking and acting more like a little boy instead of an infant. He can hold his head up almost all the time now, and he can hold his weight on his legs for about a minute or so at a time. He really loves it, too.

He hates ‘belly time,' to the point I've mostly given up on it. I figured it's because he can't see much, whereas on his back, he can see almost everything. He's a watcher.

He's also no ADD kid. This boy knows how to concentrate. As people talk to him, he'll be completely engrossed in watching facial expressions and how the mouth is moving. Once as I chatted at him, I stopped and stuck my tongue out. He jumped not expecting the move. It was quite funny.

He's adjusting well to the new schedule. It's harder on me.

Last week he woke up early, so I decided to play with him before I went to work - get my Thomas fix.

Dave said to put him back in his crib, because it was too early (7am), and we should start him on a schedule. Disappointed, I put Thomas back.

I then hooked myself up to the pump so Thomas would have milk during the day. As I anticipated, Thomas started to cry, both from hunger and wanting attention. I figured Dave would let him cry himself to sleep, but no, he picked Thomas up to feed and play with him.

I cried, feeling Dave cheated me out of spending time with my son. It hurt me bad enough I continued to cry at work, darn it.

I told Dave why I was crying, and he apologized. He didn't intend to ‘steal' Thomas away. He also made the point it will happen again - to both of us. I'm sure I will steal Thomas from Dave at times, if I haven't already. I suppose that's not the worst way to fight over a child.

My reaction was more hormonal than anything, I think. The next day we argued over something else - a very minor something else, and I cried then too. Sheesh.

My body must be better regulated this week, because I haven't felt the need to blubber since.

Shoot! I was going to post more pictures, but I left them on my computer at home. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the wherewithal to catch up with the rest of you as well.

Tonight we get to show the little guy off. Dave's cousin is holding his yearly Cinco de Mayo party. Since the day falls on a Monday, though, we're celebrating early. Lots of sumptuous Mexican food and drink to be had by all. Yes, I will allow myself a glass of wine, but that's as wild as this lady will get. Impressed you are, I can tell (no I haven't been watching any Star Wars movies lately).

Happy Friday!

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582919-Here-I-am