*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585545-Second-Salvo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#585545 added May 17, 2008 at 9:02am
Restrictions: None
Second Salvo
Thomas went in yesterday for his 4-month checkup. Again he received more vaccinations. We all responded much better this time. I didn't cry anyway, though it was still painful to watch.

It didn't help Thomas was a grump most of the day. He seemed to know something was up when I held his arms and the nurse held his legs. She poked him once and for a second his expression changed to shock, then the screams came, his face turning bright red.

Afterward when we put him back in his carseat, he stared at me with an expression saying, "Why did you do this to me?"

Yep, I'm a mean old mom. But better a small pain now he won't remember by the time he wakes up this morning than increase his chance of measles, hepatitis and the like.

They also weighed and measured him. His head measures at the 50% mark (16-1/2"), which makes him average. However, he's in the 25% for weight at 13lb 10oz. And yet height-wise he's in the 75% at 25-3/4". I'm not concerned about the percentages, because that's based on averages. Thomas is growing exactly how he should. He's simply going to be tall and skinny like his dad.

Developmentally, such as how he's moving, holding his head up, talking, laughing and aware of his surroundings, he's right on schedule.

The day ended on a good note for him, though. First my dad came over to visit, then Dave's cousin Kyle, and then our neighbors from across the street. Thomas was the center of attention, and he loved it.

Yesterday must have wore him out, because he's still sleeping. He's been sleeping through the night for over a month now, but more often than not he's up before 8 (after an early-morning feeding between 5 and 5:30). It's now 8am, and he's still sound asleep.

I hope you all have a grand weekend!

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585545-Second-Salvo