*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585616-A-Fibro-Controlled-Day-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#585616 added May 17, 2008 at 7:56pm
Restrictions: None
A Fibro-Controlled Day (?)
         The question mark in the title is because I think that's what I have had today but I'm not sure I'm ready to concede that; not sure I want to buy into that idea. But, that doesn't change what happened.
         With the imminent threat of "scattered showers" after rain during a number of days this past week, I figured I'd better get the grass cut before it rained again this afternoon. No telling how tall it would be when I get my next chance.
         So, I went for it. Got the mower out, unrolled the extension cord (the mower is electric), scraped the remainder of dried grass from the underside of the mower, plugged it in, and went to work on the front yard.
         Later, having finished that part of the lawn, I sat down on the porch to take a short break before tackling the back yard, which had the potential of being a bit soft yet since water tends to puddle back there. On the driveway apron, and the yard itself, keeping things soggy for quite a while, sometimes days after the rain passes by.
         I should have known something was up when it took a little effort to get up from the chair on the porch to finish the mowing. But, I got the job done. Got my shoes a bit muddy from the too-soft spots back there, but it's all cut. I figured I'd better get it done, even if it was a tad soft, since I didn't know from the current forecast when my next chance would come.
         As I sat on the porch, enjoying the breeze after putting the lawn mower and extension cord away and taking the dogs out, it began to drizzle. "Nice timing," I thought.
         Next thing I knew, I was jolted awake when my neighbor, Ryan, stopped over to ask my thoughts about his putting a fence along our property line to keep his dog in his yard. Harley is a big dog, and he's been getting away from Ryan and his wife Tracey on occasion lately. And, if he did put that in, our backyard woud then be fenced in accept for the driveway and a short distance between his fence and our side porch. That meant we could then fence ours in at minimal expense and let our two dogs run, too. Which would be nice. Naturally, I told him to go for it. He said, smiling, "Sorry to startle you, go ahead and finish your nap." That confirmed the way I had felt when he first awakened me. Cutting the grass doesn't usually make me this tired. But it had today. That nap was an off-and-on thing that totalled about 2 hours.
         I went inside, took the dogs out again, then hit the bed, asking Kenzie to get me up in time for the news at 6:00 if I wasn't up by then. When I layed down, it was 4:30. As was usual when either Kenzie or I take a nap, or when we go to bed at night, both dogs kept me company.
         I awoke at about 5:55 PM when Zeus jumped from the bed. Obviously, with his size, it would shake the bed a bit.I've been up since then, still feeling a bit sluggish as if I'm not fully rested. Now the big question: will this happen every time I cut the grass from now on? I guess I will find out. We will see, and I'll let you know the outcome.

© Copyright 2008 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585616-A-Fibro-Controlled-Day-