*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586686-Writing-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#586686 added May 23, 2008 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
Writing Again!!!
The good news is, after being exhausted from teaching 6 courses Jan-mid-March, teaching 4 now and attempting to manage the tasks of a CEO, receiving very distressing familial news on May 5 and other distressing events on May 12-13, as of yesterday afternoon I'm rising out of the slump, climbing out of the mire of depression, and writing again! Yay!


I managed to write 3 devotionals during that down period, and one was published at Dove Chronicles on May 17


http://www.freewebs.com/dovechronicles





but I was stalled after that and just could write no other than book reviews.


An editor at a review site I just recently joined asked me a question about my personal life on Wed; I read the question yesterday morning and began to have one of my lifelong internal dialogues about it. Suddenly a two-word popular cliche popped into my mind, and immediately unspooled a story from it. I wrote 1600 words in two hours in addition to making two trips to the library with 4 grandkids to renew my expiring card, wrote a total of 3000 yesterday in 5 hours or less. Composed more mentally during the night and working on the 2nd and 3rd characters now. It's contemporary, which I don't write, romantic (which I don't write). It's going to be the replacement story for the one I originally wrote in Jan, planned the last of November, for the original Breast Cancer-Charity Anthology in which I was asked to participate, which fell through due to the hiatus of the Project Coordinator.


This will be for a new Anthology Proposal, and I won't have any trouble reaching the 5K-10K word count requested. Also, it has not one but two Survivors (one male, one female) and some love interests. Even with a HEA!


So not like me, but I'm writing and I'm happy. So be it.

© Copyright 2008 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586686-Writing-Again