*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587347-Chapter-13
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587347 added May 26, 2008 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 13
Chapter 13


"Arthur." The voice was faint ... distant. "Arthur," it said again, almost sounding like it was under water. He couldn't breathe. "Arthur!" The voice was more excited now, yet still far away.
         Agent Camillin felt something nudge his shoulder. Pain shot through his body. His lungs filled with mind-numbing agony instead of air with each attempted breath. His eyes opened slightly; the skin on his face was tight, his eyelids puffy and sore. The instant the light hit his eyes he felt a sinking sensation.
         Afridi wrapped Camillin's right arm around his shoulders and without a word, dragged his limp body out of the mound of suffocating dust and debris. Afridi brushed the sticky grey mess from Camillin's face and pulled a plastic mask over his head.
         Camillin hacked and groaned, then gasped as the clean air finally found his lungs. His body was being dragged across what felt like broken glass or steel blades. He tried to find his step. He wanted to walk, but pain shot up his leg into the small of his back the moment his foot touched the ground.
         Camillin watched with foggy disbelief. Afridi's right arm dangled at his side. He was bleeding badly. The bone in his forearm had broke in such a way that created an S pattern between his elbow and wrist. A splintered chunk of bone protruded from a bend in the S, coagulated blood clung to it like tacky red paste.
         Camillin looked away. "Thank you." His voice was raspy.
         Afridi remained silent.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587347-Chapter-13