*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587356-Chapter-20
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587356 added May 26, 2008 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 20
Chapter 20


The recovery floor was quiet. The corridors lit just enough to see where you were walking. It was quiet time. Clinton realized how ingenious the couple had been. They had picked the ideal time to execute their plan--whatever plan that was.
         The floor was empty.
         Only a single nurse on duty. She sat at a cluttered desk in the slightly brighter nurse's station, several yards from where Clinton entered, punching at a computer keyboard. She didn't look up. She didn't seem to notice him at all.
         No sign of the couple either.
         Clinton tiptoed toward room 326. It hid around the corner, out of sight of the nurse's station.
         What am I doing? he thought. What if I get killed? What if it's all in my head? My God, what if I'm going crazy!
         There it was. Room 326.
         Clinton sprinted toward the door, grabbed the jamb, and stopped himself inside, out of sight of whoever laid in the hospital bed beyond the curtain.
         He took a deep breath and entered the room, peeking behind the curtain. The patient laid in a fetal position, facing out a large draped window.
         Clinton made his way toward the foot of the bed, careful not to make a sound, looked at the name on the chart and felt his heart stop.
         Michael DiBianco

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587356-Chapter-20