*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587374-Chapter-36
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587374 added May 26, 2008 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 36
Chapter 36


"We need a private place," DiBianco said, looking in a full circle where they stood, outside Paddington Station. He didn't want to wander aimlessly, but he didn't want to spend another minute in that restroom either. "Do you know this area?"
         "Paddington? Not really--"
         "London."
         "Of course!" Clinton said with a chuckle.
         "Take me somewhere private."
         "I know exactly the place. Follow me!" Clinton took off towards the station again.
         At the gate, Clinton slid his card.
         "Go ahead. I'll follow."
         He slid his card again.
         Clinton took the lead and they entered the heart of Paddington Station.
         Trains lined every track.
         The smell of hotdogs was gone, replaced by the stench of grease, body odor, and stale cigarette smoke.
         The noise was maddening. With its massive arched roof--like the hull of a ship, turned on its mast--the space echoed like an empty cavern.
         He followed Clinton toward the opposite end of the station.
         "Ease up, Peter."
         Clinton slowed, but not much. "We've gotta take the Circle Line to Victoria Station."
         "What's at Victoria Station?"
         "My apartment."
         It was perfect and he knew it. Yet still, something felt wrong. No one would ever suspect to find him hiding at some kid's apartment, but he couldn't shake that feeling of dread.
         "Come on!" Clinton sped up. "The train's leaving."
         DiBianco hurried, keeping up easily.
         "There," Clinton said, pointing at a long white train, a thick blue stripe ran along the bottom, just beneath a set of red doors, which were opened wide.
         "Mind the gap!" Clinton shouted.
         "What?"
         "Mind the gap, between the walkway and the train. It's a terrible way to end the day, but it certainly will end it."

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587374-Chapter-36