*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588378-June-is-a-month-for-love
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#588378 added June 1, 2008 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
June is a month for love
June is turning out to be very exciting so far. Our new issue is up (visit https://www.wordofmouthpa.com), and late last night (early this morning), I fell in love.

Innerpartysystem is a sort of dance/techno band from the Reading, PA area. They've just been signed and are about to leave for a small US tour, then it's off to the UK and back for more US dates. I saw them in their hometown last night and was stunned. I can't wait to see them again on August 8th.

I like dance music, but for me, it tends to be mindless - like the point of it is to lose yourself and all thought, just immerse yourself in beats and rhythms, which is cool. But the thing about IPS is that their music makes you lose that sense of self, but really makes you think at the same time. And even though I heard their songs for the first time last night, they all felt almost familiar, like they already belonged in my heart, I just didn't know it yet.

Just take a listen to their single, "Don't Stop" to see what I mean.

I highly recommend buying their album, "The Download EP" while we all wait for their new release due out September 9th. They're on Stolen Transmission records (run by Ultragrrl, the girl who 'found' The Killers and My Chem), and everyone's predicting huge things for them.

It's nearly impossible to get a good photo of the band due to their insane light show. Most of the lights are actually behind the band and they're controlled by the band members through a laptop on stage. Regardless, here's my best photo (we were nowhere near the stage but had a pretty good view):


Invalid Photo #1014640
(Click for larger view)



Go to https://www.myspace.com/innerpartysystem to listen to their music, buy their album, look at tour dates, etc.

I bet you'll love them, too. *Wink*


© Copyright 2008 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588378-June-is-a-month-for-love