*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590358-Realization
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1436063
My son's recovery from severe abuse and the horrors of Attachment Disorder
#590358 added June 11, 2008 at 5:25pm
Restrictions: None
Realization
March 24, 2008



Well James survived the Lads to Leaders Convention in Atlanta, but just barely. I probably don’t know everything, but I know some of it. Before we get into the problem areas, Tony did very well at his song leading, and Bible reading. He was pleased with the awards he received. He was also treated very kindly by some of the church members who attended. He was given a shirt by one man, and some money or something by another.



However, shortly after arriving he ordered 2 movies on the television. This was done while James was in the bathroom in the hotel room, and Tony had already been told to not do this. The church pays for the rooms, and we have all been repeatedly reminded to not order anything because it will delay check-out, etc… Thankfully, James was able to get in touch with the man who is in charge of managing the bill, etc.., and he was able to delete the movies in time. Otherwise, they would have costs us $38.00.



Tony also pitched a big fit in one of the stores there because he wanted James to buy him a comic book. He didn’t buy it then, but later on he did buy Tony one. I think Tony kept James pretty busy trying to keep up with him, and with tantrums and such. I was told, though, that he did obey the rules about bedtime snacking.



After arriving home on Sunday, things did not go well at all. Tony was in a very disagreeable mood. Nothing would suit him, and he griped about every thing. He went to Wal-Mart with James to pick up a few things, and that was a big mistake. First of all, he had $12.00 with him, which we can only assume came from my purse. James recovered it, but Tony gave him fits the whole time they were there about wanting a movie, or this or that or the other. When they got home, and James told me about it, Tony went into a rage. He hit James with a towel or shirt or something and threw a basket of clothes at him. I came very close to calling 911. Finally, I was able to get him to have some “sitting time”.



We have decided that he will not be able to go to Wal-Mart or anywhere else for a long time. I will stay home with him until he can learn to behave. He needs to stay very close to me right now. I think that we have not been consistent enough with that. For now, I will walk him to Bible class, and I will pick him up from Bible class. He will be in the same room with me at home. I will supervise him when he plays in the yard. He will not go to Grandmother’s without me. I am trying to think of supervision more in terms of a toddler. It’s hard to remember that, and that’s why he has gotten himself into trouble.



Of course, I don’t get home from work until 5:10, so he will still have to go to Boys’ Club. There’s no way to get around that. And, James will have to pick him up, unless they stay open until 5:30. I would prefer to pick him up myself, because he will not get away with begging for snacks if I pick him up.



The other thing is Kellye. I need to spend a LOT of time with Tony right now. I need to establish a routine with him, and get him used to being with me at all times. At the same time, I will have to find a way to spend time with Kellye, too. That will not be too hard, if Tony will go to bed on time.



Well, it looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me!


Warrior Mom

** Image ID #1433274 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1435990 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1433551 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590358-Realization