*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590499-2008-JulNoWriMo
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1043513
Blog the Seven and A Halfth?
#590499 added June 12, 2008 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
2008 JulNoWriMo
I've decided what I want to write for July. It will be a break from thinking about my trilogy, though that will remain in my mind.

I plan to write a post-apocalyptic zombie romance. It's fermenting in my brain right now, thanks to http://www.permutedpress.com/novels.php (the submissions guidelines). I'm just going to spew it out, no looking back till well after I'm done. I'll only have 31 days to write it.

One handy guideline is on a Yahoo list I belong to called write_workshop. Candy Havens has a writer's event on occasion called Fast Draft. The goal is to write 20, double spaced, mss format pages per day, for 20 days. I've checked my won work for the group in the past (word count), and it's averaged 50k for the final total.

the goal of the month, or of FD, is to get the pages out, no looking back. If the story decides to change, spew it out anyway. We're not looking for perfection in the first draft. Heck, why do you think they call it a first draft? Any first draft, unless you've been writing as long as Harlan Ellison, Isaac Asimov (in particular!), Stephen King, any long-published author with a proven tack record, needs to be revised and rewritten. And hey, even those guys started the same way. The lnoger you write, the more you write, the less editing you find yourself donig as you grow in your writing.

To paraphrase Commander Mark: Write, write, write. Write every day."


---------
Regards,
Elizabeth Anne Ensley
http://nanonatter.blogspot.com

© Copyright 2008 Elizabeth Anne Ensley (UN: liz_ensley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Anne Ensley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590499-2008-JulNoWriMo