*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592078-reflections
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#592078 added June 20, 2008 at 6:47am
Restrictions: None
reflections
One bad thing about working part-time is the feeling that you're always there, that you're working just as hard as full-timers but without any of the benefits. Your paycheck isn't as big and (usually) you don't get health or vacation benefits.

On the plus side, I feel I get to be more creative at this job than most others I've had. I get to make a lot of decisions, like creating food trays, deciding what samples to give out, which kind of sandwiches to make that day. It's kind of cool (to a deli-geek, anyway).

I enjoy working at a deli, for the most part. Sometimes the customers can get on my nerves, but mostly it's not their fault. Bad deli workers give the rest of us a bad rep. If you ask for thinly sliced lunchmeats and you don't get it, you start assuming you have to be rude and obnoxious to get your way.

I like my bosses and managers and most of my coworkers. It's a few of the younger ones that grate my nerves, the ones who see their job as somewhere they have to be for a few hours, the ones who ignore the rules, chores and duties set out for them. They don't see their job as something to take pride in, and I don't understand that. Most likely they'll leave the job soon, anyway.

Yesterday was 6 weeks at my new job. That's how long I was at the department store, but the time here has felt much faster and more enjoyable. I can't wait to get to the point where I know almost everything about my job, where I can handle nearly every situation with ease.

I'm working with my favorite co-worker today, and I have tomorrow off for my cousin's wedding. Yay! *Smile*

Today is also my 4th WDC birthday! *Delight*

A few quick plugs:

My poetry contest will be open once more very soon!
Spidey's Weekly Poetry Contest  (ASR)
Open! Current prompt = "format"
#877724 by spidey



A new poll:
 Scary Faces  (ASR)
A weird question. Maybe...
#1440827 by spidey




Happy Friday! *Smile*

© Copyright 2008 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592078-reflections