*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592144-In-Perspective
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#592144 added June 20, 2008 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
In Perspective
It's been a rough couple of weeks. I've complained before about our new project manager; well the situation soured further as a deadline for a mile-long water and sewer project loomed. Even at the end when we passed our original deadline, he and the other two engineers kept making major changes. It drove us draft-people to near murderous rage.

While we finished that project last week and the pressure has reduced, we still have to deal with the project manager asking for drawings or data that don't make any sense. Not a problem as such. It sometimes seems like when we try to explain how what he wants doesn't work, he takes it personal. Or he thinks, "I'm the engineer, you're just a drafter. You don't know what you're talking about. Just do what I say."

At one point another drafter said, "I want to stab him in the eye with my pen right now."

Makes for a lovely work environment, don't you agree?

It could be too at his previous employment, he did all of his work himself and isn't used to people questioning what he's doing. I acknowledge a lot of it could be miscommunication, and we simply don't understand what he's trying to accomplish. Still, we can't get past the frustration it causes, regardless of the reasons.

A few days ago, the secretary asked me if I've complained to Dave. To my surprise, I haven't.

Until I thought about it.

The moment I walk in the door and see Thomas, I forget about work. Nothing else matters aside from my son.

That's the way it should be, and I'm glad of it.

Thomas teaches me every day to live in and relish the moment.

Staying away from blogging this last week and a half has resulted in another relief. Though I love reading about your life's happenings, concentrating on my own life has resulted in one goal met. I finally sent off my book proposal to an agent. I should hear back in about six weeks, and discover whether or not I suck as a writer.

Kidding.

Sort of.

I hope he takes me, or at least informs me my writing doesn't suck, but that my manuscript isn't a good fit for his company. I really don't want to edit this story again. Rewriting a query or synopsis to meet the guidelines of a different agency I can do. I simply can't edit it better anymore. To try would be to make it worse.

While I wait for a response I will continue to edit my novella. I've completed 1-1/2" chapters so far. The nice thing is I'm excited about the changes. The story has gripped me all over again. I love that feeling.

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592144-In-Perspective