*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592885
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #1442979
Previously called a girl named Skip, part of the Malthra series
#592885 added June 24, 2008 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
After the party; for him
“It was terrible,” Jason complained to his second cousin the next day.”I couldn’t get the lead back and nothing of what I said would get her to yield.”
“Sounds to me like you finally met your match.” Jason stared at him; he was here for sympathy not ridicule.
“My father wants me to marry this girl and she can hardly stand to be around me. She said she would rather be with a pig farmer than me!”
“Did she?” Tom sounded too amused by this.
“Well not exactly, you know how much beseeching I had to do to get her to dance? Well, immediately after we left the floor a pig farmer walked up timidly and asked her to ‘Aferd me the pleasure of a dace’. I almost laughed myself sick. He smelt of much and ale and rooting leaves! Oh you’ve never seen such a sight and such poor language. By Milandra, I would have loved to have seen him formally put down!”
“And did she?” Tom leaned forward, his eyes hinting at an understanding masked from the other man.
“No, that’s just the thing. She looked at me squarely out of the corner of her eye and said “of course, my good gentleman, I would be honored” Then she left; she barely said any formal parting and spent the rest of the evening dancing with butchers and farm hands, perfectly content to let them lead!”
“Maybe she’s testing you.”
© Copyright 2008 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592885