*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592886
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #1442979
Previously called a girl named Skip, part of the Malthra series
#592886 added June 24, 2008 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Not you're typical activity
Slipping along the shadows, they approached the forest. They had never been out of the swamp before and longed to know why the forest was so frowned upon.
"Kalay are you sure this is a good idea?" Miena whispered, her wingtips twitching wildly.
"Shh," Kalay hissed," We're not out of the woods yet."
"I thought that was where we were going."
"It is," Kalay whispered as she placed her hand over her friend’s mouth. Kalay was the mastermind of this whole operation. She had never been content living in the Benm Swamp unlike Miena who had been perfectly happy. Miena had come along due to her easy nature and admiration of Kalay, now she was getting second thoughts.
"Kalay, maybe we shouldn't do this."
"Thank you so much for your opinion, but it's a little late to be getting cold feet."
Miena grasped Kalay's shoulder," Why don't you just ask the elders why going to the forest is forbidden?"
"You think I haven't?"Kalay replied meeting Miena's gaze full on," I've asked, multiple times, they refuse to give me a straight answer."The tips of Kalay’s wings started to turn orange.
"Don't get annoyed, you know full well how quickly that can escalate."
Kalay sighed, she had a fast temper but that was typical amongst Swamp Rayz. Her ears twitched.
"Did you hear that?”
“Yup.”
© Copyright 2008 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592886