*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592887
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #1442979
Previously called a girl named Skip, part of the Malthra series
#592887 added June 24, 2008 at 4:07pm
Restrictions: None
After the party; for her
“What will it take to get you to stay longer?”
Charlie laughed, “Skip, please, we’ve been over this. Besides if I don’t go you’ll never really be happy.”
“By all means use me as your escape, oh Charlie, do come back soon.”
Charlie reined in his horse and grabbed the reins of Skip’s horse, Beau. “I will return soon, I know better what I’m looking for now.” Skip smiled halfheartedly at him. “Now, you were going to tell me about how you decided Jason is a creep?”
“It was weird, Charlie, it was like I could hear his thoughts inside my head.”
“Really? Now that is very interesting. Have you talked to your father about it?”
Skip sighed, “No, daddy was called away on business this morning. He didn’t even get to eat breakfast.”
“Oh Skip.”
Skip tapped her horse’s side with her foot, “it’s like everyone is leaving, or I wish they would.”
“Want Jason to leave, eh?”
Skip smiled at him.“Is it that obvious?”
“Maybe.” The baron’s grounds were some of the most beautiful in Malthra. Strewn with lavender and heather, the fields did wonders on a sad day.
“I’ve spent so much time here in the past few days; it’s more of a home for me now than my own house.”
“I can understand that, I spend a lot of time away from people when I’m not around my friends.”
“I don’t suppose you could take me with you?”
“No, Skip, not this time.” They rode back in silence a layer of clouds was settling over the horizon, not contributing to any ones good mood. The grass blew in waves across the hills and a lone heron flew across the sky.
“Madam there is a guest for you.” Skip sighed.
“I’ll see you later, Charlie.” He bent and kissed the back of her hand.
© Copyright 2008 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592887