*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593827-Monday-June-30-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#593827 added June 30, 2008 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
Monday, June 30, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008

         Well, today is the last day of my special month.  It's a little sad to see it go, but let's not cry about it.  =)

         I had my grandsons for over eight hours on Saturday.  We had great fun, and it really didn't seem like we were together that long.  I guess time really does fly when you're having fun?!?! 

         We went to the Pier first because Cody wanted to see it.  I parked along the side in a free spot, and we walked on down.  We went into a few shops.  When we went into the wind chime shop, Cody couldn't resist making each one sound as we walked by.  When the Clerk said, please ma'am can you stop him, that's an expensive wind chime.  I told the boys it was time to leave the shop and thought to myself, She better keep that one out of the wind.  =)

         So we took the elevator to the top floor lookout and walked around enjoying the view.  Then we came back down and walked along the fishing pier to see the fish being caught.  One man pointed to his bucket, and it was a little shocking and sad to see three dying fish at the bottom of a bucket with about three-to-four inches of water... discolored and lying on their sides.

         We left the Pier and took the free trolley ride back to my car.

         When we arrived home, the boys started getting out their toys from the toy-box.  Then Tyler wanted to get on the computer and play.  They played while I fixed us tuna salad and crackers -- Tyler wanted egg in his and Cody didn't... 

         After eating the tuna, they were both still hungry so I fixed them each a baked potatoe and a couple of meatballs in spaghetti sauce.  How's that for a great combination?!?!

         They took turns playing Jump Start World, Kindergarten.  While Tyler spent quite awhile achieving merits, medals, badges and jewels, Cody and I played "Go Fish." 

****


         Tyler wanted to come over again on Sunday; so he could "go to the next level" on Jump Start.  They called me to ask if it was okay to come over; and I said, sure.  So, they came over frome 5:30pm to 7:30pm.

         It was Cody's turn to be on the computer first, which made Tyler cry...  He was the one who actually wanted to come over so he could move on up to the next level playing Jump Start. 

         Cody played for awhile and then got bored.  He's only four and not as good with his numbers, vowel sounds and letter combinations.  So, he basically prefers just walking around the site, swimming through the pools, watching a parade and painting in the art shop.  Sometimes Tyler let's him play on his level.  Cody likes that because of Tyler's pets.  One pet walks around the site with you.  You feed your pet, give him baths, and take him to the dog-park, etc. 

         Guess what?  I'm on vacation and I just got a call from Tyler.  He wants to come over again to play Jump Start.  My daughter will come over with them probably around 1pm. 

         I've made my flight arrangements and will be out-of-State from July 2 through July 9.  So, until then, I hope everyone has a pleasant week and an enjoyable 4th of July Holiday!  Take care.

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593827-Monday-June-30-2008