*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595177-Portfolio-Tools-Edit-Logs-and-More
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#595177 added July 8, 2008 at 2:20am
Restrictions: None
Portfolio "Tools", Edit Logs and More!
New: My Portfolio "Tools" Tab
The recent upgrades to Writing.Com's "My Portfolio" area included an "Info" tab. This tab has now been renamed to Tools and provides better linking to the many tools available for managing your Writing.Com portfolio.

The tools linked from this area include:

  *Bullet* Export Portfolio: Download the contents of your portfolio.
  *Bullet* Item Edit Logs: A new tool to track changes to your items.
  *Bullet* Item Summary: The info provided on the old "Info" tab.
  *Bullet* Manage Auto-Rewards: View and update your Auto-Rewards from one page.
  *Bullet* Manage Item Aliases: Create, edit or transfer Item Aliases.
  *Bullet* Manage Passkeys: View and update all the Passkeys on your items.
  *Bullet* Summary Stats: An overview of your item statistics.

Most of these areas are still linked from other navigation menus. Creating this new "My Portfolio" tab allows us to keep them in an extra convenient location.


New Tool: Item Edit Logs
Linked from the new Tools tab of your My Portfolio area, this log stores all data from Item Edits. Available to all members, (with any level of membership), Item Edit Logs can be viewed by both item owners as well as members with Group Edit Access to a particular item.

Log entries for each edit list all the details and settings at time of edit completion. This information includes the item's title, description, access restrictions, passkey, auto-reward amount and much more.

The edit log is a handy tool for groups using our Group Edit Access feature. The log shows members of the group with edit access who's edited an item, when and all the details as stored by the edit. To view the log of a group edit item, visit your own "Item Edit Logs" page and enter the item ID in the form field found just below your logs.

A few important notes:
Member accessible "Item Edit" logs began storing data on July 6th, 2008. Edit logs do not include changes to an Item's main content as that is provided to Premium+ Members via the RCS feature linked from their items.


New: New Window Icons
As you may have noticed... We've been adding "New Window" icons to the various WritingML links and areas throughout Writing.Com. This change allows everyone to choose for themselves whether to open their links in the same window (by clicking on the text) or in a new window (by clicking on the icon). We'll be adding these icons to more areas as time goes on.


Update: Review Return Mail and cNote Replies
The review system's "Return Mail" feature, which allows members to reply to a review within the review email, has been updated with better integration into the new email system. Replying to a review now stays within the same window and acts as a normal email reply. The review email is marked as "Replied To" and a copy of the reply is stored in your email Sent-Mail folder.

The same is now true for replies to cNotes through the cNote reply form. Rather than be emailed a copy and confirmation of your reply, the cNote is marked as "Replied To" and a copy of your response is stored in your email Sent-Mail folder.


Summer Costumicon Subscriptions Still Available!
Costumicon subscriptions are available for purchase! This subscription will
last through noon on July 20th, 2008. Subscribe to or change your current
Costumicon from the "My Account" area or directly at:
          http://www.Writing.com/main/my_account/view/costumicons

As usual, you can preview any of the larger portfolio images by mousing over or clicking on the small image within the Costumicons Store.

Don't Forget: You can gift Costumicons to your fellow members and friends!
To send a gifted subscription, head to you My Gifts Points page:
          http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_gifts#spend

© Copyright 2008 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595177-Portfolio-Tools-Edit-Logs-and-More