*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595676-its-only-your-heart
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1372191
Ohhhhhhhh.
#595676 added July 11, 2008 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
it's only your heart
During the second season of Arrested Development, Buster, the youngest Bluth, gets his hand bitten off by the trained seal his older brother Gob had released after using it in a magic act. Turns out the seal wouldn't have attacked Buster had it never gotten a taste for mammalian blood when a cat jumped into its crate during the act.

*

Knowing this simple fact, that subsequent acts of "accidental" carnage are always easier than the first one, the polar bear quickly put in for a transfer to a high-octane circus famous for its sensationalist tiger and lion performances. He never wanted to see another cat whose claws and fangs weren't sharper than his.

As he figured, if food went scarce and anyone else got bitten, chances were it could be him.

*

Qualms:

2. Sure she does. A cat who finds some physiological payoff from being near-fatally bitten doesn't stop loving a bear just because he bit her twice. She stops loving him when she finds out some other animal offers the same payoff without the teethmarks.

3. No, they can't. Why would they want to? Even with time, she's still got her scar. He's still got his mental catalog of her failings. If they have to, they can pretend, but pretending is all it is. Anyway, the cat has lost a tail and a lot of blood, by now. The polar bear, we think, can withstand the (questionable) loss of a feline pal he only sort of wanted, anyway.

© Copyright 2008 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595676-its-only-your-heart